Every year I love going to the Good Food and Wine Show to sample a range of different and often new [or at least, new to me] foods.
This year the show looks like an absolute cracker! [pun intended :)]
It’s on at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre Friday 9 – Sunday 11 November.
This year many of the old favourites are back, including the celebrity theater [this year with Ainsley Harriott [swoon], Maggie Beer, George Calombaris, Manu Fieldel and Matt Moran], cheese and wine masterclasses and the Chef’s book signings. There are also a few new activities that looks SENSATIONAL!
|Miguel in action! [photo provided by Lifestyle FOOD chef’s table]|
- 1 side trout pinboned, skinless
- 500g sugar
- 500g salt
- 2 chillies
- 2 star anise
- 5 limes juiced and zested
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 150ml fresh beetroot juice
- 40ml Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil
- 4 bunches dill
- 50ml pure creme fraiche
- 50ml trout roe
- 1 horseradish root
- Put trout in a deep tray
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor (except for crème freche, trout roe and horseradish) to make the marinade, saving two bunches of dill
- Rub trout with the mixture and marinate for 3 hours
- After 3 hours wash the trout fillet
- Cut trout in half longways, sprinkle with chopped dill
- Roll in to cylinders. Leave to rest overnight
- Serve with creme fraiche, trout roe and fresh horseradish
- Serve with a glass of champagne
To win a double pass to the Good Food and Wine show which includes a double pass to Miguel’s Lifestyle FOOD Chef’s Table session on Sat Nov 10 @ 3.30pm leave a comment below saying which part of the Good Food and Wine Show you are looking forward to the most and why. You can check out the program here.
You’ll also need to email me your answer so I can contact you if you win. I’ll choose one winner. The competition closes at 5pm EST on Monday 29 October.