My guest today is Simone de Haas, renaissance woman.
Simone’s creative capacities move effortlessly between stage and boardroom, singing or directing and leadership, and the freedom of improvisation to the acuity of corporate storytelling.
Her book ‘Everyday Presence’ has become the simple foreword to a compelling and interactive personal story of presence and perception that is continually expanding through her diverse portfolio of work. She offers unconventional breakthrough programs and coaching for professional speakers, business leaders, actors, singers and dancers who desire to have their voice in the world.Creativity is the ability to create something that wasn't there a moment ago @speakerdirector Click To Tweet
Simone is currently the Senior Vice-President (Qld & NT Chapter) of the National Speaker’s Association of Australia. She has won theatre industry awards including a coveted Matilda Award for Directing, Acting & Design in 2011 and an ABC Bell Award for Best Production & Best Director.
You can find Simone de Haas on her website, The Speakers’ Director.How do I prioritise what I do so every day gives me joy? @speakerdirector #podcast Click To Tweet
What Simone de Haas and I discussed:
- being a multipotentialite / renaissance woman
- Emily Wapnick
- the idea of creativity
- doing what gives you joy
- Mel’s menopause blog, Just as Juicy
- the importance of connections
- working from home
- winning a Matilda Award
- dealing with bad auditions (as a producer)
- using intuition to make more inspired choices
- everyone has a creative gift
- knitting as a metaphor for life
- working with people who don’t believe they are creative
- saying “yes, and…” vs saying “yes, but…”
- the attitude around creativity
- Simone’s new online course – Write your life in 7 scenes – and it’s FREE!
If you REALLY loved it, I would love you to leave me a rating and review on iTunes.