My guest this episode is Kathryn Hodges.
Kathryn is a family lawyer on the Sunshine Coast, and she has been working in this space since finishing her law degree in 1995.
She is passionate about families, their wonder and their imperfection. She has a keen interest in helping people through change, and her law practice is designed to create the space to allow her clients to experience a respectful separation.
Kathryn and I met at the ProBlogger conference last year after having spoken on twitter for ages!
I fell into the law without knowing anything about the law @KathrynHodgesAu Click To Tweet If you think you're going to separate, make sure you understand the legal bits first @KathrynHodgesAu Click To Tweet
What we discussed
- being comfortable in your own skin
- “falling into the law” and becoming a family lawyer
- getting married at 19 years of age
- the ease of getting a divorce
- tips for a successful and happy relationship
- growing as a couple
- being given flowers
- being open to the idea of change
- staying connected as a couple
- coping with the death of her mother
- learning not to measure grief
- being grateful and keeping a gratitude journal
- Kathryn’s book, Who Gets the Dog?
- advice for people thinking of ending a long term relationship
- some of the legal bits you need to think of before ending a relationship
- is a pre-nup agreement worth it?
- same sex marriage
- having markers for change
- being spontaneous
If you REALLY loved it, I would love you to leave me a rating and review on iTunes.