My guest this episode is the super fabulous Warwick Merry.
Long time listeners of my podcasts will remember that I interviewed Warwick on my previous podcast, The Activity Pod. There I referred to him as a bit of a slasher – professional speaker slash MC slash author slash coach slash poodle dad. Not a lot has changed!
Warwick and I met through the National Speakers Association of Australia (now Professional Speakers Australia) many years ago and he is one of those friends I really wish I saw more of.
We don’t laugh as much in this episode as we did when we recorded The Activity Pod, but we chat about different stuff (some of which is serious!) so please have a listen.It's just so important to have a hobby, something beyond your vocation @WarwickMerry Click To Tweet
If you can make celebrating success a habit, you will make success a habit @WarwickMerry Click To Tweet
What we discussed
- defining success – it’s not all about the money
- being “lucky”
- creating the life you want
- living in a time of surplus and generosity
- celebrating success – the big and the small wins
- rewarding success
- fake it until you make it
- saying yes when your first instinct is to say no
- the employment and recruitment models today – and how we think they can be improved!
- organisational culture
- working flexibly and trusting your people
- Dr Amantha Imber, Inventium
- Warwick’s book, Get More Inspiration – and we talk about Fat Bobs (!!)
- tips for people who are lacking inspiration
- motivation vs inspiration
- taking that first step and overcoming inertia
- the importance of accountability
- the benefit of having a pet
- good Mexican food
- singing in the supermarket
- Carl Sagan
- considering running for office
- healthcare, mental illness and my interview with psychiatrist Dr Helen Schultz
- often the tiniest changes make the biggest impact
- saying thank you more often (and Mel’s blog post)
If you REALLY loved it, I would love you to leave me a rating and review on iTunes.