My guest this episode is Adele Blair, the Managing Director of The Concierge Collective, one of Australia’s leading concierge companies.
Adele started The Concierge Collective ten years ago, after working as an executive personal assistant for about twenty years. This is despite not knowing how to turn on the computer in her first temp job! She is highly organised and her colour coded calendar is a sight to behold!
Adele is also a co-founder of the Institute of Concierge and Lifestyle Managers (iCALM), an industry-focused organisation that supports professionals within the Concierge and Lifestyle Management industry through education, networking and employment opportunities.
We talk about some tips to be more organised, running a business, becoming a runner (not something I’ll be doing any time soon…) and some of the more “unusual” requests that have come through – include one asked of me when I was a conference organiser.Your stress level is highly related to your level of organisation - @_AdeleBlair_ Click To Tweet
I'm a massive list maker and that helps me stay focused - @_AdeleBlair_ Click To Tweet
You can find Adele at The Concierge Collective.I think being a personal assistant is a dying career - @_AdeleBlair_ Click To Tweet
What we discussed:
- Gold Coast Half Marathon
- Celebrating ten years in business
- starting a business
- what a personal concierge is
- using a personal concierge
- some of the weirder requests
- why it’s important to stay organised
- managing your stress and anxiety around time
- tips to stay organised at home and work
- using your diary to organise your life
- productivity and time saving tools – Google, Slack, Xero, Harvest
- excelling at sleeping
- tips for becoming a concierge
- giving a personal concierge service to your employees
- creating a business that is saleable
If you REALLY loved it, I would love you to leave me a rating and review on iTunes.