In this episode of A Great Recipe for Life I talk to naturopath Alisha Lynch, also known as Naughty Naturopath Mum.
Alisha Lynch, aka Naughty Naturopath Mum, is a naturopath who inspires people to help keep themselves and their families healthy with good choices in food, nutrition, herbs, Australian Bush Flower Essences, natural medicine and stress relief.
While she focuses on eating foods that are unprocessed and as close to their natural state as possible she has been known to drink a cheeky glass or two of wine and has a love of chocolate and cheese. She keeps things honest as we are not perfect beings and we need to make mistakes to learn, and occasionally be ‘naughty’ as balance is the most important thing to achieve, emotionally and physically.
We have a very frank conversation about a range of health issues, with Alisha sharing her struggles with post natal depression and taking prescription medication.
Alisha and I met at a book launch few years ago and discovered we had a huge amount in common. Since then she has become one of my dearest friends, and I’m really happy to be able to share some of her story with you.
One of the topics we discuss is postnatal depression. If you believe you or a loved one has antenatal or postnatal depression or anxiety please seek professional help – in Australia this is offered by your GP, as well as organisations such as Beyond Blue.
You can find Alisha and read her blog at Naughty Naturopath Mum.
What we discussed:
- coming up with the name Naughty Naturopath Mum
- judging people on their looks
- health professionals who don’t look “perfect”
- struggling with post natal depression
- female hormones
- getting pregnant while breastfeeding
- stigma attached to mental health and depression
- menopause and that it can last for TEN YEARS (I’m still gobsmacked and horrified by this!)
- increase of type 2 diabetes
- impact of cortisol on weight gain/loss
- supporting women in health
- Australian Bush Flower Essences
- the rise of stress and anxiety in our lives
- winning the AusMumpreneur Rising Star Award and the positive impact on her business since then
If you REALLY loved it, please leave me a rating and review on iTunes.